- The defendant’s name will be documented, as well as the crime they are being accused of.
- They will have their mugshots taken from the front and the sides.
- Any loose items that were on them at the time of their arrest will be confiscated, such as a cell phone and a wallet.
- DNA samples will be taken.
- There will be a health screening, which will include tests to look for transmittable diseases like tuberculosis that can put other inmates and officers in jail.
- They will change out of their clothes and into an orange jumpsuit. Their clothes will be confiscated.
- An officer will conduct a full body search of the defendant.
- An officer will search for any outstanding arrest warrants for the defendant.
25 January, 2022